Yesterday’s challenge was to list ten things that make me happy. First off, I want to say that I would obviously include family, friends, and fun. I am one lucky girl to have these things and they be a good force in my life. I want to reach to other maybe not so obvious things, but not without recognition of those very important things that do make me oh so very happy.
1. A clean and organized home. I may not be the best at getting things started, and honestly with us knowing that we will be moving soon, there are very few projects that I want to get started other than getting rid of almost everything so that we have less to move. But the house… it will be SO ORGANIZED.
2. Road Trips. Oh my, road trips.. spontaneous, planned, last minute, whatever the case may be, I love them! The possibilities are endless when I set out on the road and just decide to drive. Who knows where, and honestly, I don’t care. There are times where I just need to go. So, I go.
3. Spring/Summer really seems to boost my mood. I’m not sure if I would call it seasonal depression or not, but if that’s not it, I don’t know what to call it. I just know that during the colder months, I have more difficulty staying upbeat and focusing on the positive things. Not that I let it get me down all that much, but it just takes more work to stay focused and positive. But that comes with a little help from my friends and family. Those that understand and stick by me while I go through it really helps.
4. Nail Polish. I know this seems small and maybe not very important, but the color of my nails can sometimes match what mood I’m in, and that makes me happy.
5. The beach. This is totally separate from spring/summer because I love the beach any time of the year. Everything about it calls to me.
6. A fresh haircut. I love mixing it up a little and trying new styles, nothing too drastic though I’d love to try a bit of off the wall color at some point. A new style and color done by my amazing stylist and friend always makes me happy that I got it done and happy that I got to see her. Win win.
7. My truck. This ties into road trips, spring/summer, and several other things that make me happy. I love just getting in it and driving, blasting music loudly and singing at the top of my lungs without a care in the world. But this truck is something that took a lot of planning and adult type things before we got it. It was our first major purchase and it’s my baby! My Big Red.
8. To be quite honest, the internet. I have a slight addiction to it, while it’s gotten better, it’s still there. I love games and social networking and all sorts of interweb goodies. Blogging has just recently been added to one of my top favorites as well as keeping up with everyone else’s blog. Not only do I have everything on my computer, It’s all right at my fingertips on my phone and kindle. Yep, such an internet junkie.
9. Harry Potter and other obsessions. Mostly Harry Potter though.
10. Last but not at all the least, MUSIC. I have no idea if I didn’t have music to get me through each and every day, each and every feeling and each and every happy and sad moment in my life. It’s therapy for me in a way that actual therapy doesn’t work. Lucky for me, I have a great friend who is ALL ABOUT the music and he puts together mixes and posts them for free download on his website. He actually just put a new one up the other day that is incredible. I like to think of it as his way of blogging. He speaks through music and I find it fascinating. But then of course that could just be me reading too much into things like I
sometimes often times do. Shameless plug of my very dear friend and his amazing tunes.
So there you have it. Ten of the things that make me happy. I’d like to continue with this list one day, make it to twenty, and then thirty, and so on. I think we should always try to think of things that make us happy and what we are thankful for more often than we do. Helps keep a positive spin on a crazy life in a scary but beautiful world.